Jack Conway Ignores Tax-Payer Funded Day Job to Raise Funds with Liberal Elites Out-of-State
Kentucky’s Democratic Senate nominee Jack Conway is taking flack from the Republican Party of Kentucky today for spending twenty of the next thirty days “hobnobbing” with liberal elites outside of Kentucky rather than campaigning in-state and doing his job as Attorney General.
According to Steve Robertson, the GOP chairman in Kentucky, “If Kentuckians ever wondered whose priorities Jack Conway would put first if he made it to Washington, his fundraising getaway outside of the Commonwealth certainly speaks volumes.” Robertson continues, “Conway continues to put his own political aspirations before the best interests of his constituents, and Kentuckians deserve to know: During the days that Conway is outside of the state, who is doing his day job? Who is protecting Kentuckians while our Attorney General is tending to his liberal fans outside of the state?”
Conway’s schedule is especially California-heavy.
Conway’s Upcoming Out-of-State Fundraising Tour:
- August 29: Seattle, WA
- August 30: San Francisco, CA
- August 30: Marin County, CA
- August 31: San Francisco, CA
- August 31: Silicon Valley, CA
- September 9: New York, NY
- September 10: Boston, MA
- September 10: Hartford, CT
- September 12: Santa Barbara, CA
- September 13: Los Angeles, CA (Three events)
- September 14: San Diego, CA
- September 14: La Jolla, CA
- September 20: New York, NY (Two events)
- September 21: Palm Beach – Ft. Lauderdale – Miami, FL
- September 22: Dallas, TX
- September 22: Houston, TX
- September 28: Washington, DC
- September 29: Washington, DC
The RPK cited the rise in meth labs across the commonwealth of Kentucky while nationwide the rate has gone down and how nursing home citations have been left on his desk as Attorney General to rot. Conway has also been down in most polls for the Senate seat.
Of course, the Kentucky GOP had to throw in little mockery too, for both the fun of it and to hopefully score a few political points. They portrayed Conway’s out-of-state, “Don’t Stop Spending” tour as a rock and roll concert whirlwind with the top liberals across the country – but not in Kentucky! They’ve got some humorous posters out, too.